In Chinese Tang Dynasty, Concubine Yang loved tasting Lychees. Every year the Emperor would send a large fleet to carry annual lychees. The fleet would then return with lychees and Gongfu tea, a tribute tea to the royal. After combining lychees with Gongfu tea, it becomes Lychee Tea. It then spread throughout the world and became the first natural fruit tea.
This Lychee black tea is mainly processed in Guangdong, China. Guangdong is the province on the southern coast of china. Guangdong is famous for its herbal teas. Guangdong Lychee black tea is made of the leaves of black tea and the aroma of Lychee. Lychee is a small round pink fruit with a translucent white pulp. It is best known for its delicate floral and fruity fragrance and juicy taste. During fermented process, the oxygen causes the green leaves to turn into a dark black color.
The black tea leaves are harvested in the spring and stored till summer. When lychees are ripe, it is then mixed with the lychees (unpeeled). After gently roasting, the strong flavor and fragrance of the lychees are mixed and absorbed in the tea. Lychee black tea has a reddish brown hue and sweet honey like taste.
Health Benefits of Lychee Black Tea:
· It is best for a sensitive stomach.
· This full-fermented herbal tea balances the system of the body.
· The aroma of Lychees gives the soothing effect to the body.
· Lychee black tea can also benefit heart health. Drinking this tea lowers the blood pressure of the body.
· It helps in maintaining the health of bones and teeth, and play a role in helping the body absorbs iron.
· Due to lychee’s vitamin C ingredient, it is considered as anti-aging miracle tea.
How To Brew Lychee Black Tea:
Lychee black tea is an easy tea to brew. If done correctly, the tea should be sweet and light. After buying a Lychee Black Tea, one should know how to properly prepare it. To ensure better taste and full lychee essence, follow the proper step by step procedure mentioned below.
· Water temperature: 80-90 degrees Celsius
· Transparent or ceramic teapot or mug
· Number of brewing: 2-3
· 3-5 grams of tea per 150-250 ml water
· Before starting the process of making lychee black tea, make sure all the pots are clean to avoid contamination.
· Put the tea leaves into the pot
· Pour water into the teapot
· Leave the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes. Usually, after 3 minutes, you can smell the fragrance of the lychee and you will observe that the tea is thickening like a soup consistency.
· Try your tea with small sips; observe the true flavor of the tea.
· Drain out the water from the teapot into the mug. Your tea is ready.
If serving to the guests, this tea is suitable with cake or any dessert. Lychee black tea also makes an excellent ice tea. It can be served with ice and cream. This tea not only has health benefits but it is also great in taste. You can go creative with many ideas to have it.
Full information of Lychee black tea, please check out here: https://www.jkteashop.com/lychee-black-tea-p-985.html