Keemun Tea is a famous Chinese black tea, first produced in 1875, by the Fujian province farmers. It has a floral, smoky aroma and an unsweetened cocoa taste. The Keemun name is got from the Qimen County, in Anhui Province, the People’s Republic of China, where it is exclusively produced. The Quimen County has a reputation of high-quality Keemun tea because of its high nutrient soils and favorable high altitudes. The region between the Yellow Mountains and the Yangtze River is the main Keemun growing area. Keemun has higher proportions of geraniol, compared to other black teas, which gives it the characteristic floral and orchid aroma. Here the Keemun tea is cultivated and processed according to the original Keemun tradition. Keemun tea is available in various varieties, depending on the production techniques used. Almost all the Keemun tea varieties undergo slow wilting and oxidation process that gives it a distinct aroma. The Keemun tea beverage has a bright red wine-like color adding grace to its fruity flavor.
Caffeine content in Keemun tea:
Keemun tea is diverse and comes in various grades. It is difficult to generalize the caffeine content of Keemun tea. It has caffeine content on the higher side as compared to other black teas’. When compared to a typical cup of coffee, Keemun tea has considerably less quantity of caffeine. Keemun black tea is historically used in breakfast blends where strong caffeine tea is desired. Keemun tea contains L-theanine amino acid that reduces the edginess feeling caused by caffeinated beverages.
Health benefits of Keemun tea:
Keemun black tea is known to have several health benefits if consumed regularly.
1. Keemun tea is known to lower the bad cholesterol thereby reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
2. It improves blood flow and reduces blood sugar thus preventing the onset of diseases like diabetes.
3. It contains an anti-oxidant that improved metabolism and thus helps in weight-loss.
4. It improves digestion and helps in reducing excess acidity in the stomach. A cup of Keemun tea after meals can be helpful in digestion.
5. The caffeine in the Keemun tea helps to maintain mental alertness and physical energy.
6. Keemun tea helps to improve the immune system.
7. It helps to fight inflammation.
8. It is said to lower the risk of cancer.
Where to buy:
The best place where one can buy Keemun tea is JK Tea Shop. This shop is owned by JK Tea Company Limited which is established by a group of tea experts from Guangzhou, China. The aim of the company is to share the finest quality and rare Chinese tea to international tea lovers. JK team gets its tea directly from the fine tea producing areas in China. They directly purchase it from tea farmers and have a long term co-operation with them. Jennifer Jiang owns the JK Company and all JK’s tea is personally sourced by her thus maintaining the highest quality. Jennifer’s main aim is to connect the tea farmers of China and international consumers, leaving both parties satisfied. If one is looking for the finest quality Keemun tea, JK Tea Shop can provide it at the best price.